Did you know?
The PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) spends over $75 per student every year on the following:
· Field Trips for every grade
· High Tech High Touch science programs brought to each classroom
· Classroom supplies for every teacher
· School-wide assemblies, and special guests
· Community Night Events like the Back-to-school Picnic and Davenport’s Got Talent
· Math Matinees, Book Clubs and other academic activities
· Music enrichment, like providing new recorders to all 3rd grade students.
· “Learning to Look” art program for 2nd and 4th grades, including trips to the Yale Museum and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
· Reading enrichment, including summer reading incentives and classroom magazines like “Weekly Reader”
· Davenport Community Garden, playgrounds and other facility enhancements
· Grade level leadership & team building experiences, including the Annual 5th Grade Trip to Sharpe Reservation.
· Staff Appreciation gifts and events
· Flag Day BBQ for all students
· End of year celebrations & 5th Grade graduation
· Enhancements to the school experience, including the book fair, school pictures and Gator Alley school store.
· … and much more.
Next time you receive information about a fundraiser from the PTO, remember that those funds raised enrich the lives of your child, and every student at Davenport. If you have a fundraising or enrichment idea that you would like to see implemented, please send an email to [email protected]
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here